Thursday, March 26, 2015

My Ears Are Bleeding (poem)

2015 - while at UCF  🎓 😄
---------------------------------------------------

I love taking Creative Writing because my professors force me to write things! Yay! 


So, I was instructed to write an epistolary poem in the form of an apology and this is what happened. Enjoy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Ears Are Bleeding

I'm sorry but the entire
time we were on the phone
I was making faces at you

Luckily for me, you had not heard
of FaceTime or it would have surely
been awkward

You see, you just talk too much
And I need to paint my nails
and this Hemingway book is collecting
dust but I have to know what it's about
for my Lit class

Can't you feel the strained silence?
My ears are being raped by your words
Your never ending words

Every pause gives me a quick glimmer of hope
But you start up again
Isn't your mouth dry?
Maybe you need some water

Please forgive me
I know it's mean
Please don't come over
But feel free to call whenever




No comments:

Post a Comment