Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Au Revoir, Connard

2014

I think I was trying to write a country song here, I'm not sure. Oh well. Enjoy. 🤠 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You'd better be sure before you walk away
Better be sure
Because you aren't coming back
Turn your back and I'll forget you
Erase you
Won't waste another minute on thoughts of you

Can't hold me back
Who do you think you're leaving
Go on, go away
I believe enough for us both
Run to your easy girl
I could never be that simple
She's got a permanent smile
But what lies behind it
Will it be enough for you

Maybe you'll get lucky
Or maybe you'll crawl back my way
thinking you can work yourself in
to my life but you see
That no longer includes you

Sorry but what did I tell you
Fool me once, shame on you
You know the rest
Don't you remember
You had my best
But you're not alone
You've got her now
What, she's not me?

No comments:

Post a Comment